To get the best out of your MYOB Advanced software (powered by Acumatica), it is important that your system is up to date. Here you can find information about the MYOB Advanced version history and the latest upgrades available which include the latest features.
Upgrades for MYOB Advanced (powered by Acumatica) happen automatically. Approximately once a month an overnight process will upgrade the site with a minor release. As a result, you don’t need to do anything.
Once a year there will be a generational upgrade and we will be in touch regarding when this will take place and what new features will become available. For these upgrades, we will liaise with you on whether you want to test the new features in a sandbox environment with plenty of time before it is due to take place.
Summary of the New Features added to the 2022 Series of MYOB Advanced
2022.1 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2022.1 MYOB Advanced Business release is a major upgrade and adds a variety of new features and usability across the entirety of the MYOB Advanced platform:
- Finance – Automatic matching of bank transactions and prepayments with automated deduction charge matching.
- Distribution – Blanket sales orders, and the ability to ship to different customer addresses by line has been enabled.
- CRM – Events for customer contacts, Merge Duplicate Improvements, Extra Fields on Activities, Tasks, and events as well as draft emails available with templates.
- Projects – Improvements to quotes with the ability to progressively bill by quantity and generate retainage reports.
- Field Services – Renew, copy, and quote service contracts, as well as set up automations for this action.
- Manufacturing – Process control points improvements. Queue, Move and Finish Time are now linked to the scheduler. Restrict document visibility by branch and gain access to predefined dashboards.
- MYOB Advanced Mobile – customise your workspace screen to easily navigate and view new or existing records, KPI tiles, Global search and designate favourite screens.
If you would like to read more you can download the full release notes from MYOB here.
Summary of the New Features added to the 2021 Series of MYOB Advanced
2021.2 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2021.2 release adds a wide range of new features across the entire MYOB Advanced system. Some of the major improvements we are looking forward to are:
- Application of Unreleased AR Documents to Payments
- Matching of Bank Transactions to Multiple Documents
- Visual Production Schedule
- Customer Refunds in Sales Orders and Sales Order Invoices
This is considered a major upgrade to your MYOB Advanced system. A sandbox testing environment will be made available to you if you choose to upgrade to version 2021.2. This upgrade will not be rolled out until the second half of 2022, but you can get ahead of the curve by contacting us at 1300 857 464 or email@example.com if you would like to discuss how this update will affect you and your business.
We will update this section with the release notes as they become available.
2021.1 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2021.1 release adds a wide range of new features across the entire MYOB Advanced system:
- There are improvements to the Finance module covering credit memos, AP aging reports, reconciliation statement reports, intercompany sales and more.
- The Construction module saw improvements in progress billing, joint payees functionality, substantiated billing reports, enhanced logic for calculating retainage in pro forma invoices that have a contract cap, and workflow corrections for pro forma invoices.
- More general Platform enhancements include changes to notifications and business events, a preview for the General Inquiry screen during GI design, improvement to import scenarios, and more.
This is considered a major upgrade to your MYOB Advanced system. A sandbox testing environment will be made available to you if you choose to upgrade to version 2021.1. This upgrade will not be rolled out until mid-2021, but you can get ahead of the curve by contacting us at 1300 857 464 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss how this update will affect you and your business.
If you would like to read more, you can download the full release notes here.
Summary of the New Features added to the 2020 Series of MYOB Advanced
2020.5 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The latest update to MYOB Advanced is primarily focused on the Advanced People module. For our New Zealand specific clients, the module now has greater support for leave management processing, and terminations in respect to the NZ Holidays Act.
For all other users of MYOB Advanced People the new update:
- Has an effect on the configuration of employee’s pay distribution, making the system more flexible and easy to use
- Allows payroll expenses to be brought into project accounting, after being allocated to projects and/or General Ledger accounts. This means that payroll costs can be allocated more flexibly throughout the MYOB Advanced system.
- Already includes the new PAYG tax tables, as this information is updated independently of the MYOB Advanced system.
For more information and detail about the latest upgrade, contact your account manager, or our Advanced support team.
2020.4 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2020.4 release adds new features to the already wide range that is available in MYOB Advanced. For those already on version 2020.3 it is a minor update that can be deployed overnight. Otherwise it is a major update including the upgrades of 2020.3.
The new features of version 2020.4 include:
- Taxable Payment Annual Reports (TPAR) for the building and construction industries
- Updates to the Payroll Batch Payments functionality
- Updates to ACC and WorkCover reports
- The new Franchise Connector to help franchisors manage their business
For more information, contact our Advanced support team directly.
2020.3 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2020.3 release adds a wide range of new features across the entire MYOB Advanced system. Features include:
- Aging Report Improvements
- UI Changes
- Application of payments to particular lines of AP documents
- Changes to the Release AP Retainage Screen
- Changes to the Payments and Applications Screen
- Enhanced Linking to Direct SO Invoices
For more information, contact our Advanced support team directly.
2020.2 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2020.2.0 release adds enhancements to the Payroll and Self-Service modules. Features include:
- Employee Pay Adjustments
- Enhancements to Terminations
- Updates in Leave Requests in Employee Self-Service
- Updates to the Team Calendar
- Updates to Mobile App
- Usability Improvements
For more information, see the Advanced 2020.2 Release Notes.
2020.1 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2020.1 release of MYOB Advanced includes new features such as:
- New Features
- Employee Self Service
- Requesting Leave
- Timesheet Imports
- Processing Public Holidays
- Transferring Employees
- Distributing Employer Super Costs
- Improved Reporting and Data Analysis
For more information, see the Advanced 2020.1 Release Notes.
Summary of the New Features added to the 2019 Series of MYOB Advanced
2019.1 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2019 release of MYOB Advanced includes new features such as:
- Deferral code improvements
- Enhanced reporting options
- Improved calendar functionality
- New landed cost processing
- Updated user interface options
- Updated project budget forecasting
- New Project quoting
For more information, see the MYOB Advanced 2019.1 Release Notes
Download Generic Test Plan here.
Summary of the New Features added to the 2018 Series of MYOB Advanced
2018.1 - MYOB Advanced Business Release
The 2018.1.8 release of MYOB Advanced included new features in the Payroll module, including:
- Tax compliance updates for tax tables to student loans and superannuation guarantee thresholds
- TFN declarations via Single Touch Payroll (STP).
- Payslip Password Protection can now be switched on.
- Enhancement to Reducing Balance Deductions.
For more information, see the MYOB Advanced 2018.1.8 Release Notes.