MYOB Exo Payroll announced as End of LifeEverything you need to know about the end-of-life timeline for MYOB Exo Payroll (Exo Employer Services).
MYOB has decided to commence an end-of-life process for the MYOB Exo Payroll suite (MYOB Exo Employer Services) in Australia and New Zealand. From November 2025, you will no longer be able to process a pay in MYOB Exo Payroll.
Please rest assured that this announcement will not affect MYOB Exo Business. MYOB Exo Business remains an important part of MYOB’s Enterprise suite of products. MYOB Exo Payroll is on a Microsoft FoxPro database, which is no longer supported by Microsoft. MYOB Exo Business is on a Microsoft SQL database and will be well-supported for Australian and New Zealand businesses for many years to come.
What do you need to know?
Watch the video for expert guidance to navigate the end-of-life process.
Why has MYOB Exo Employer Services been declared end-of-life?
MYOB Exo Employer Services has been serving thousands of businesses for many years. Each software product has a sweet spot in its lifetime where it is best suited to meet the needs of the market. As technology continues to develop, existing solutions become outdated as their structure falls behind that of newer systems. This is where MYOB Exo Employer Services currently sits in the market. Its development dates to the 1990s, and it sits on a database that has been superseded by more modern systems. Continuing to develop and maintain MYOB Exo Employer Services is not enough to mitigate the risks that come with using old software – especially for a payroll system containing sensitive employee data.
MYOB has invested in modern solutions that are suitable to meet current market expectations. MYOB Advanced Payroll is the replacement solution for midmarket Australian and New Zealand organisations. It is a cloud-based payroll system with up-to-date tax thresholds and awards, compliance requirements, reporting functionality, automated onboarding, and leave management. Data security is incredibly important to MYOB, who believe they are better placed to protect your data with the latest technology and with the latest Business Management Solutions.
Critical MYOB Exo Payroll End-of-Life dates
At the end of November 2025, MYOB will decommission MYOB Exo Employer Services. This means that after this date, the system will no longer be supported with updated tax rates and thresholds and will become non-compliant. You will retain access to a read-only scenario of MYOB Exo Employer Services for historical and reporting purposes, but the software will not let you process any pay runs.
To prepare your business for this change, you need to replace your current software before the end-of-life date. It typically takes 3-4 months to find and transition to a new system that adequately supports your needs. This means that choosing the right software and migrating it before November 2025 is critically important for the future of your payroll. It is wise to properly prepare for the year ahead with your dedicated business management solutions in mind.
The Kilimanjaro Consulting team has successfully migrated many clients to MYOB Advanced Payroll. We are ready to guide your business through this transition.
How to prepare my organisation for the change.
Now is the time to prepare and consider your next steps. At Kilimanjaro Consulting, we recommend upgrading to MYOB Advanced Payroll. It is a secure, scalable, and powerful cloud-based payroll solution.
There are many advantages to MYOB Advanced Payroll:
- As your trusted partner, we will take care of everything – with the quality and professionalism that you expect from us. We know your business like no one else and can configure your new system to meet your needs.
- Take advantage of the integration between MYOB’s products to streamline the payroll process and improve efficiency.
- Data migration between two MYOB products is simpler, faster, and cheaper than moving to an independent system.
- Manage your entire payroll from a sophisticated, cloud-based platform with access to different pay groups and frequencies, leave management, and up-to-date tax information.
It is important that you do not leave this process to the last minute. Give your organisation the flexibility to choose the product that best meets your needs and make the transition in a comfortable timeframe. Our team is always available to help you understand your options and provide trusted advice about your next steps. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 857 464 (AU) or 0800 436 774 (NZ) to start the conversation.
Shift to the Cloud with MYOB Advanced Payroll
“Payroll in the cloud is not the future. It is here. MYOB Advanced Payroll is thriving. Software in the cloud has enabled employers to pay their employees anywhere, anytime, with ease. The future is now.”
– Julia Padginton, Senior Payroll Consultant at Kilimanjaro Consulting
The core benefits of MYOB Advanced Payroll are:
- A fully-featured, secure, compliant, modern cloud payroll solution that can be accessed from anywhere and at any time,
- It can operate as a standalone payroll solution or can be integrated with MYOB Advanced Business,
- Enhanced reporting, General Ledger journals, transaction history, audit tracking and more,
- Automatic updates for your system so that you are always using the latest tax rates and thresholds,
- Easily accessible pay records and entitlement history,
- A simplified termination workflow that streamlines final redundancy and resignation payments.
- Employee Self-Service functionality that lets your team update their details, apply for leave, view payslips, and more via a browser or app (available on iOS and Android).
- New onboarding functionality as part of the Employee Self-Service module.
For more information regarding the benefits of MYOB Advanced Payroll, visit our product page.
Enhanced team management in the cloud
MYOB Advanced Workforce Management is a module of MYOB Advanced Payroll and offers higher-level functionality to manage your team. It is a modern employee self-service-based platform with extensive additional features such as automated onboarding, smart rostering, clock-in and clock-out time tracking, leave management, a mobile app, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions – MYOB Exo Employer Services End of Life
An end-of-life announcement can be a source of concern and confusion. There are some frequently asked questions about the process.
What is the best replacement for MYOB Exo Employer Services?
There are many Payroll solutions available on the market, but we believe that MYOB Advanced Payroll is the right choice for businesses moving from MYOB Exo Employer Services. There are numerous advantages to moving from MYOB Exo Employer Services to MYOB Advanced Payroll:
- Stay in the MYOB payroll family – the system will be more familiar to you and your team,
- Continued support from your trusted payroll software partner – who understands your organisation, how it works, and how the new payroll system can be best configured to meet your requirements,
- Straightforward and seamless data migration – an incredibly important part of the process, moving from MYOB Exo Employer Services to MYOB Advanced Payroll is a low-risk approach to data migration.
We believe that MYOB Advanced Payroll is an excellent product that can support your business now and into the future.
How does MYOB Advanced Payroll compare to MYOB Exo Employer Services?
MYOB Advanced Payroll is a modern, scalable, and secure cloud-based payroll solution. It has been created specifically for midmarket ANZ organisations.
MYOB Exo Employer Services is a mature, sophisticated and integrated payroll solution. Many modern systems may struggle to provide the functionality that you have become used to. MYOB Advanced Payroll has features above and beyond that of MYOB Exo Employer Services:
- Customisable leave entitlements and custom leave types
- Sophisticated Employee Self Service features that help automate leave requests and approvals
- Capability to include multiple pay cycles, frequencies, and groups
- Automatically updated tax and superannuation rates to aid in industry compliance
- A cloud-based platform that allows for incomparable accessibility, including via mobile phone
- Two Factor Authentication to keep your data secure
What are the billing differences between MYOB Advanced Payroll and MYOB Exo Employer Services?
MYOB Advanced Payroll is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. It is billed as a monthly subscription, initially on a 15-month contract and monthly thereafter. MYOB Exo Employer Services is part of the on-premise MYOB Exo platform. It is billed annually as part of an Annual Licence Fee (ALF).
To learn more about the differences in terminology and functionality between MYOB Advanced Payroll and MYOB Exo Employer services, watch the video demonstration.
MYOB Advanced Payroll is priced competitively compared to other mid-market payroll solutions. There are discounts available to assist with the transition to the cloud. Contact us to learn more.
What do I need to do to prepare my organisation for the switch to MYOB Advanced Payroll?
Understanding and managing the risk of a software implementation can better prepare your organisation for the transition. As your trusted partner on the technology mountain, Kilimanjaro Consulting will help manage these risks and ensure a smooth implementation process.
It is best to start off your journey in a new system with the cleanest data possible. Employee entitlement balances will need to be imported into the new system so that you can operate in your new system when you go-live. The Kilimanjaro Consulting team will assist with this process.
Taking the Next Steps
Kilimanjaro Consulting is the leading industry consultancy with the expertise to confidently export data from MYOB Exo Payroll into MYOB Advanced Payroll. We can export employee history, contact details, banking details, and leave balances, which streamlines the transition to your new software.
To find more resources regarding MYOB Advanced Payroll and MYOB Advanced Workforce Management, we have provided some additional articles to help you better understand the implementation process and the benefits of a cloud-based solution.
Please do not hesitate to reach out and ask any questions regarding this process. The team at Kilimanjaro Consulting are always available to help guide you through the next steps. Please contact our team at email@example.com or call us at 1300 857 464 (AU) or 0800 436 774 (NZ).